April 14-18, join us for PLY Away V. The themes are Flyer-led, Power, Socks, and Bond and Corriedale, but we’d also like to feature foundation classes, advanced classes, weaving classes, and dyeing classes so if you have any ideas for classes, we’d love to hear them! Proposals are due July 1st, 2019 and we’ll make decisions by the end of July. Please submit your proposals via the form below.
Tips for proposing:
- Name your classes well: it’s the first thing we (and spinners) see!
- Give us a variety: We need choices so make sure you send classes that vary in length and scope.
- Send enough, but not too many: remember we need teachers to be able to teach for at least 3 days so be sure to send enough choices to fill that space but not too many (more than 10 can be overwhelming).
- Find your niche: If you are new to teaching at PLY Away, focus on classes that make you stand out from other new teachers and from returning teachers. Doing this helps us and PLY Away attendees notice and choose you.
- Know yourself and your audience: If you’re new to teaching or PLY Away, half day and full day classes are easier to pitch, book, and fill than 2-3 day classes.
PLY Away pays $650/full teaching day to new teachers and $725/full teaching day to returning teachers (and half that for half teaching days), $25 for shipping each teaching day, travel, a single hotel room, and $40 per diem.