April 9-13, join us for PLY Away IV. The themes are Bobbin-led, Semi, Planning, and Flax, but we’d also like to feature foundation classes, advanced classes, weaving classes, and dyeing classes so if you have any ideas for classes, we’d love to hear them! Proposals are due July 1st, 2018 and we’ll make decisions by the end of June! Feel free to send your proposals to jacey (at) ply magazine . com.
Proposals should include:
- Your personal information and experience (unless you’ve taught at PLY Away before, then I know)
- a variety of classes (keep this manageable, don’t give us a dozen classes to choose from please) and class length
- Where you’re traveling from
- How many days you’d like to teach 3-5 and if you’d like a half day (3-5 days teaching) or full day (4-5 days) off. We do our best to accommodate preferences.
- A 100 word bio
- A photo of you (we’ll use this on the website if you join us)
For each class:
- Class name and description that reflect what spinners will learn and take away from the class. (This is often a complaint from spinners, that the class didn’t cover what they thought it would cover).
- Duration of class (half day, 1-day, 2-day, 3-day or a note if it could be adapted to fit different durations).
spinning level required for class (beginner, can spin a single and ply, comfortable with spinning and looking to expand skills, advanced).
- Any materials that the spinner should bring (wheel, lazy kate, bobbins, fiber, spindle, etc). Please only ask for things they should bring and will use and make sure the list is complete (it’s hard to add things later). Many spinners lament the fact that the materials they bring are hardly used or not used at all and they’d like to conserve packing space for marketplace purchases.
- Materials fee for each spinner